Why immediately writing down your ideas is a BAD idea, and what to do instead EP#077 - Ben Simkin
Apr 02, 2020
Today, we have Ben Simkin in the studio.
Who is Ben Simkin?
Ben Simkin is the founder of BusinessNET, a leading Online Marketing Firm that to-date has increased clients' sales by over $1.45 billion. BusinessNET provide end-to-end marketing and sales services to established companies worldwide.
In other words, Ben Simkin is a very successful and a plenty smart dude.
If you’re wanting to ramp up your productivity and achieve more than you ever thought possible, then listen closely to this episode and prepare to take notes.
Buzzsprout | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Sticher | Google Podcast |TuneIn & Alexa | Overcast | Pocket Casts| Castro |Castbox|Podchaser|RSS
Here's a sneak peek at Den and Ben's chat:
- The "HBU" theory. This is perhaps the greatest (and the most powerful and effective) productivity concept ever invented. This was discovered by a genius economist from the 18th-century named Dr. Irving Fisher. - 4:00
- Jay Abraham's (world-renowned marketing wizard) bizarre (yet powerful) “cat in a cottage” story. This little story will open your eyes up to new opportunities you might have previously overlooked, and... make you think twice before you go and check your social media notifications. - 5:00
- What NEVER to put on your smartphone if you want to become more productive. - 6:30
- The single most important thing to teach your team, customers or employees that will dramatically boost YOUR productivity. - 7:25
- The little-known 24-Hour rule. (this will make you more efficient, and...it will make you seem more professional to your clients and customer, too. - 8:00
- The strange note Ben has hung up in his house that gives him more energy during the day. - 9:50
- Ben talks about The Freedom fallacy. - 10:50
- The "daily coin flip" exercise that highlights a horrible flaw in human nature. Fascinating stuff. - 12:40
- The best explanation you'll ever hear on the popular "Be, Do, Have" concept. - 13:00
- An incredibly dull and boring productivity tip that can quite possibly double your productivity. - 15:00
- A little-known book every business person should read if they want to ramp up their productivity and streamline their business systems. (This book was written in 1984 by a brilliant business scientist named Dr. Goldratt. - 16:50)
- Advice for business owners you'd be nuts not to take. - 17:00
- The strange (and totally illogical and irrational) secret to life transformation. This admittedly strange secret is quoted in a movie from the late 90's featuring Ben Affleck.
- The “once-a-day habit” that leads to bursts of creativity. (Always feel stuck for ideas or can't come up with solutions to problems, then start doing what Den mentions at 25:20
- What counterintuitive thing high achievers do that ordinary folk think is a waste of time. - 26:00
- Why immediately writing down your ideas is a BAD idea, and what to do instead. - 26:50
- The case for joining a mastermind. - 31:00
Learn more about Ben at https://businessnet.com.au/